Sunday 15 January 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching Joy

All threads are in and the bind is on the RSC2015.

Today, I am sewing the binding down.  Hooray for slow stitching!



I am aiming for a "Friday Finished" quilt.


As you can here, the binding is scrappy and I didn't even care if the colours were together or not.



Love to drape the quilt on a swivel chair when I sew bindings. It makes going round the quilt so much easier as I only have to spin the chair a little at a time. When the weather is hot, the quilt is not on my lap. Today, I just might wrap it around me as it is sunny but co co co cold.


Joining Kathy at Kathy's Quilts. So many beautiful hand sewn projects on the linky party. Come and see.


Until next time ... pick up a needle and see where it leads you.

;^)




8 comments:

gayle said...

Yeah, this time of year, I do often end up under the quilt I'm quilting or binding...
Can't wait to see this when it's done! Love the scrappy binding - that's my favorite, too!

Marly said...

What a great idea using a swivel chair. No need of that just at the moment, but in six or so month's time ... !

Kathy S. said...

Horray! Standing by for the big Friday finish! Great day (weather) to bind a quilt and watch a movie. :) Happy slow stitching.

Fiona said...

I love the binding stage, such a lovely way to finish off a great job. I do like your swivel chair idea....
Hugz

Quilting Babcia said...

I'm going to need to try that swivel chair idea! I love scrappy bindings and backings. Looking forward to the final reveal.

Quilter Kathy said...

So exciting to have a finish so early in January! Enjoy the binding!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

CecileD said...

Je suis bien d'accord avec toi...profitons de l'hiver pour quilter !
Gros bisous

Lin said...

Always good to be sewing on bindings. Cold here too at the moment but bright and sunny which is just how I like it. xx