Monday 23 February 2015

Design Wall Monday

I got lots of sewing time this weekend. Yeah me!! 

I played around with many different layouts for the vintage block. When they finally behaved and played together nicely, I hurried and sew them up before they changed their minds. I am sewing in section; I find it easier. 


Saturday brought us more snow (like we were about to ran out or something !!) so I made my youngest son new pajamas. Sweet 16 got flannel PJ with sneakers in man size 32 ! 
 
As my leader/ender, I am still working on 9 patch blocks . 

Yep, four more done. 
Tonight, it is my intention to sew a few more blocks together. Like this :

and maybe I will have a flimsy by Friday. Ooooh! Wouldn't that be great?!! 

How about I share some warming news with you.  This morning, it was -22C, wind factor -32C here in Ottawa. Right now it is -18C with wind factor -29C. See, it is warming up.  hehehe!!  ♫♪ It's cuddling season! ♫

I will cuddled up link up to Patchwork Times for this week show and tell. 


Until next time .... 

Enjoy the warmth ... wherever you are!   

;^)

9 comments:

Terry said...

This has really been a hard winter for so many folks. It's either been tons of snow, or bitter cold, or both! I'm getting tired of it. So stay in, stay warn, and sew!

Béa said...

Jolis blocs !
Je ne pourrai jamais supporter un tel froid...bon courage XXX

CecileD said...

Belles avancées en matière de patch ! Bravo Chantal !!!
J'adore le pyjama !! Tu as de grands talents de couturière, et rassure-toi, notre plus jeune fils qui a 15 ans 1/2 taille aussi du 32 .....et me dépasse d'une tête !! Bouuuuh !!
Bon courage pour les températures glaciales...brrrrr !!
Gros bisous et bonne semaine ! :)

Stitchin At Home said...

It sure has been a cold February. We broke records set in 1934. This morning is warmer -19 with windchill -27 here in cold Southwestern Ontario. Stay warm.

Kim said...

My goodness it is a wee bit chilly 'up' there!! You certainly did get a lot of sewing done this weekend. Good on you!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I had to laugh at your comment about the snow - "as if we were about to run out or something". ha! Our winter has been pretty mild compared to what a lot are going through ... even so, I'm so done with winter - WHERE IS SPRING? I'm thinking about sewing my grands some pajama pants (they prefer to wear pajama pants with a sweatshirt or tshirt), but I need to remember to take my measuring tape so I can measure their inseams and waists.

Fiona said...

oh my ... I can't even imagine that kind of cold..... glad to see you are making the most of it with your sewing... loving how those blocks are coming together...
Hugz

Dawn said...

Love your blocks. Very sweet you made your son PJs.
Stay warm!!

SuperMomNoCape said...

Our weather has been about the same here! I am sooooooo ready for winter to be done. The fat quarter that I won in your GYB giveaway arrived yesterday. Thanks so much for the fat quarter and the cute butterfly pin! I blogged about it: http://www.supermomnocape.com/2015/02/25/a-sweet-win/