Monday 4 August 2014

Long week end Monday

Gotta love that!!

First and foremost, I would like to add to my last post. I might have sounded like I was complaining but it was not my point. Don't get me wrong, I DO love to quilt! I am by no means a small woman but I do suffer from back problems since I was 20 years old. No! No need for pity; not what I am looking for here. Just stating the facts. (More than a year ago now, I finally found an osteopathic therapist who is doing a wonderful job with my spine so I am living with less and less pain and more determination.(added in for all the well-wishers out there.)) Enough said! What I do want to say is: Machine - quilting is FUN!  I did a lot on the first night because I had FUN !! True, being a south paw, my right side has less endurance. (and I haven't done any exercises in the last 15 years!! ooops!) I coulda, shoulda, woulda listen to my body more attentively IF i hadn't had some much FUN!  Life is short! Why not pack it to the brim with FUN??   Just saying (to my non-quilters friends who mean good, I know).

Enough of the boring stuff... On to the jean quilt... now that is another story.  I am SO happy that I made is small.  Boy that snipping at the seams is hard on the hand and the scissors!! (I do sound like a complainer. Sorry about that.) But I have to say it is hard work. This will be my one and only jean quilt. (Yes, I have also said I don't do off road so... ) Nada! Hopefully the boys will finish the snipping and I can get it wash today and show you a picture of it soon.

Talking of TODAY: (finally we're getting somewhere) I will do some hexies. Yes, I'm in love again.


Four green diamonds attached and 6 more are waiting in line. Yeah!





I love my living green wall in the background. It is such a lovely ivy.  It's an English Ivy (Hedera Helix) the kind that turns red in fall.
So here I will be today, enjoying my lazy Monday.  Will do some baking, cooking and plenty of sewing by hand and by machine. Hope you are enjoying a long weekend too, or at least enjoying the kind of work you have to do.

Until next time ... SMiLE ... it's not hard work.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

haha... I know exactly what you mean... machine quilting is fun but it can also lead to a certain amount of pain... ont he domestic machine anyway..... there just has to be bending to sit at a right height but also see what you are doing????
Hugz