Tuesday 17 June 2014

Mission accomplished


I was hoping to sew "Take 21" together and I did it!!!!


Even better, my son went out with friends Saturday afternoon and didn't come home til late at night, so I got plenty of time to do a backing and to sandwich it.  Yeah! I don't know how I will quilt it or when... but at least it is ready.  I think a light blue thread would be nice.  Or dark blue? Anyway, that was a very good weekend for me!!
empty frame

loaded frame 

The quilt of the Century lives down here, stretch of all its length on this frame and it hides Take 21 so my son will not see the quilting's progress.

I was unable to join my friends in some slow stitching on Sunday because of Internet problems :~( but, finally, I am back and ready for next Sunday.   :^) 

Until next time ... SMiLE ... it beautifies!!

2 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Hooray on the finish! Now, on to the quilting ... can't wait to see your progress.

Christseilh said...

Très joli travail, des couleurs bien gaies, c'est pour un de tes fistons ? (Suis une amie de "quilting stories" en Grece.